16 August 2006

Ross Pruden

I met Ross perhaps 14 years ago now... at a party I believe after a performance in Paris of Peter Shaffer's Black Comedy (in which I played Harold). I think that was how we met... Ross likes computers. No, Ross loves computers and all their possibilities. I'm a little older than Ross and there would have been a time when my expertise far outshone his. Back in 1981, I was a TRS-80 addict and there was little that I did not know about the 16K beast which was the Model I. Two years later, I graduated to the 48K monster - namely the Model III. I remember fondly stroking the plaque emblazoned with '48K', all the while thinking 'what power!'. It's a much referred to in-joke between Ross and me.

But then, for some reason, I never graduated beyond the TRS-80. In fact I was writing my university thesis on it as late as 1989, when the rest of the world had moved on. Ross is a Mac man - and so was I, until I finally threw the towel in near the turn of the millenium and switched to PC.

So why am I rambling on about Ross? Because it was Ross who last night in a transatlantic phone call convinced me of the wonders of blogging. Keen to move on and stay eternally young, I took the bull by the horns and this morning finally created an account. So thanks Ross! Doubtless you will return throughout my blogging like some insistent Wagnerian leitmotiv.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ross Pruden said...

I'm flattered, of course... so I decided to return the favor!

—Ross

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home